Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wooden Dolphin Keychain (Part 2)

This will be a relatively short post (compared to the previous) because a lot of the pictures did not turn out nice.

The breakfast at the hotel was nothing out of ordinary... the usual Asian cuisine, fried noodles/rice, cereal, bread, and stuff like that...

After the snorkeling trip (which i did not go because I was not feeling well.... and it was not that nice according to the other group members, only a few kinds of fish and dead corals) we ate at this hut on the beach. The view was lovely... looking right out at the ocean... I could just stay here the whole afternoon... very relaxing.... the food is not bad too and is cheap :D


Duck Noodles

Won Ton Mee

On the way back to KL, we stopped by Bidor for lunch. We went Pun Chun Restaurant which is suppose to be very famous for their duck noodles... since I am not a fan of duck, I opted for won ton mee instead. My noodles cost 4.20 which shocked me because it looks so miserable but then I took a bite of one of the four won ton and found generous prawn fillings!! Yum!


Finally before reaching home, we stopped by Jejantas, Sungai Buloh rest stop for satay. It was as good as its reputation. Nice! Fast service, good sauce and of course good satay (a lot of meat and very little fat)! However, the ice kacang is completely different story. It only contains syrup, corn, peanut and peppermint ice-cream. Absolutely F-A-I-L!!! Especially since I do not like peppermint flavour :D

Basically in Pangkor itself it will be seafood all the way. I finally satisfied my squid cravings (sort of). We had squid for both dinners (in big portion) and even the normal fried rice (like the one from lunch) has squid and prawns.... and it is all very fresh! Squid is bouncy but not overly difficult to chew...

Log off dreaming about squid,

Valerie

P/s - I got a souvenir which is a wooden dolphin key-chain (namesake of posts) but no camera to take a picture

No comments: